I like to keep things simple: find a pleasing subject, have a basic starting point with settings and adjust according to the light, then compose the image creating soft dreamlike photographs with a sharp center of interest.
Most of the time, my favorite way to shoot with a macro lens or any lens is to hand-hold (no tripod), no flash, and with wide open apertures. No focus stacking and hopefully not too much editing afterwards. I don’t have a problem with any of those things. In fact I admire what many other photographers do and I enjoy viewing beautiful photographs in all styles of photography, it’s just that this is my comfort zone and while it’s good to sometimes push yourself to try different things, I just love to go outside and enjoy nature, this makes me feel at peace and I’m happy to find subjects to photograph without a lot of fuss and with nothing holding me back.
I’m always experimenting, so sometimes my settings can be all over the place, I’m still learning and discovering what works best in different lighting conditions.
In this video, I share several tips and a couple of hacks for creating creamy soft photographs with a macro lens. Most of these examples are close-ups and not necessarily macro photography, but for me this lens isn’t just for macro photography, it is sort of an ‘all purpose lens’ and sometimes getting really close to a subject is a bonus!
* You can create a similar look to your photos with just about any camera and lens if the lens can go somewhere between f/1.2 – f/4 or a telephoto lens at around f/5.6, together with some of these other tips. *
♫ Music Licensed through Musicbed – My thanks to these amazing musicians and composers!
“In The Garden” by AJ Hochhalter
“Joy and Sorrow” by Stephen Blake Kanicka
“Now and Not Yet” by Hammock
📷🌸 Camera Gear used for this Video:
– Canon 5D Mark III | https://amzn.to/2rTBEA4
– Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens | https://amzn.to/32M5pRu
– Canon G7X II (Used for video) | https://amzn.to/39xsLwY
– iPhone XS Max | https://amzn.to/2MRjean
– Moment Macro Lens | https://amzn.to/35fCVz7 [A separate case is necessary for the use of this lens, the case must match the model of your phone.]
🔗 Regarding Amazon links: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I would like to suggest you do research before making a purchase and read the reviews for each seller.
#macro #flower #photography