GEAR USED IN THIS SHOOT:
– Nikon Z7 Camera: https://amzn.to/2IxhHTE
– Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 Lens: https://amzn.to/2NXpPCI
– Nikon Mount Adapter FTZ (for Nikon F Lenses): https://amzn.to/2zKOYb9
– Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G Lens: https://amzn.to/2DQHM0t
– Sony XQD 256GB Memory Card: https://amzn.to/2R6iOwX
I began this Halloween photography project in 2014 as an ethnographic study of this holiday.
Since I am a photographer, I documented this tradition as I know best – in a stylized and dignified manner that will make people take notice of the subjects I shoot.
In order to do this, I use a monolight and foldable backdrop, a sort of portable studio. This allows me to take away the distracting backgrounds in certain circumstances. Always trying to step up my production value, I used the Nikon Z7 and new Nikon 35mm f/1.8 Z lens, along with an adaptor and a Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 lens.
I bring two lighting assistants to help me with my equipment and in order to ensure the safety of those around me.
So far, I have photographed people in their Halloween costumes in New York City, Las Vegas, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami. Where should I go next year?
To get the latest and greatest photography videos like this, please Subscribe ► http://goo.gl/7vazy4
CONNECT WITH ME:
MUSIC: “Halloween” by Steel Sound